07 March 2010

Visited Caldwell Parish, La.

On January 12th I visited Caldwell Parish for the first time, where Mary Ione Morgan, of our maternal line, grew up in the 1860s and 1870s. This is in northern Louisiana, south of Monroe.

I stopped there while en route to Texas, having lunch in the parish seat of Columbia -- on the Ouachita River, which winds down from Arkansas. In the afternoon I set off to find a remote cemetery in an area called Hickory Springs. After going the farthest I've ever driven alone on unpaved roads, I found the old wooden country church and the graves of our great-great grandparents Susan Lucinda Johnson Morgan and Haynes Lawrence Morgan.

Here is the link to the pictures I took there:

http://picasaweb.google.com/floridasand/2010Jan12?feat=directlink

No comments:

Post a Comment